Algorand provides a robust set of layer one features that enable sophisticated distributed applications to be built. These features allow deployed dApps to perform at a significant speed of over 1000 transactions per second, with block times of 4.5 seconds, low transaction fees, and instant transaction finality! Algorand smart contracts form the basis for these applications. These contracts can be written in either the Algorand TEAL language, in Python using PyTeal or indirectly using the Reach framework.
In this video, we focus solely on building smart contracts on the Algorand platform. The video covers smart contracts and illustrates specific use cases. In addition, developers are exposed to both TEAL and PyTeal languages for writing smart contracts. Finally debugging smart contracts is covered as well as Reach.
In this video you will learn:
– Getting Started with Smart Contracts and TEAL
– Algorand Virtual Machine – AVM
– Application Binary Interface – ABI
– Smart Contract usage scenarios
– PyTeal overview for writing smart contracts in Python
– Debugging Smart contracts with the Algorand Debugger
– Building dApps with Reach